- Approved Grants to Fund:
- Flexible Seating equipment
- Creation of Maker Space for students
- Fence Art Piece created by students
- Increased the yearly budget for Library books
- Approved using Art Docent funds to continue the Artist in Resident program this year.
- Created a budget line item to restock support supplies. Examples of items are supplies for in class Calm Down corners, replacing watercolor paints & restocking the maker space.
- Received updates on the need for subs, Covid safety, Outdoor Ed status and need for volunteers.
The Holiday Bazaar is only 3 days away. Come shop from local crafter, artist and local businesses from 10-4pm on Saturday. There will be Silent Auctions and Poinsettias for sale!
Here is a quick schedule of events for the day:
- 10:00 am: Doors Open!
- 11:00-2:00 pm: Dreamy Drinks and Seoul Bowl Food Trucks Open for Business
- 12:00 pm: Auction Round 1 Closes
- 1:00 pm: Juanita Student Choir Performs in the Undercovered Area
- 2:00 pm: Auction Round 2 Closes
- 4:00 pm: Auction Round 3 Closes and Shopping ends!
Masks are required while shopping this event. Distancing will be in place and all of our vendors have all had to shown proof of vaccination as well.
All proceeds from this event benefit our Outdoor Ed program.
If you have any questions, please email [email protected]
The Jag-a-thon is one week away! This is our school’s only major fundraiser for the year. Be sure to collect all your donations online or in person before Nov 19th!
Learn more or donate online here: https://juanitael.digitalpto.com/jag-a-thon/
Below is the Agenda, 2021-2022 Budget and Treasurer’s Report that were presented and voting on at PTA meeting on Sept. 23rd.
Summary from the meeting:
- New Board Members were approved and voted in by the general members:
- Vice-President: Travis Mann
- Secretary: Sara Bell
- Treasurer: Chelsea Mann
- Programs & Volunteer Coordinator position has been filled by Elaine Walsh
- PTA members approved an increase in the Outdoor Ed Grant from $3,000 to $4,000
- 2021-2022 Budget was approved with the one change to the Outdoor Ed Grant amount.
- Holiday Bazaar will be scheduled for Dec 4, 2021.
- Mrs. Paige shared that she is hoping to have Choir up and running early next month. They plan to audition for singing the National Anthem at the Mariners again this year.
- Mrs. Stairs received word that volunteers will be allowed in classrooms this year! They must be approved by LWSD and be fully vaccinated.
Congratulations Juanita families on another successful Jag-a-thon fundraiser. Working together we raised $37,839! This is a great accomplishment and we are so proud of our school community.
Our top prize winners included:
–Rowan F. won the Nintendo Switch
–Henry M. won the Russel Wilson Signed Seahawks Jersey
–Cole P. and Sabrina M. both won Principals for the Day
–Mrs. Burns class earned the Team Sports Dress Up Day for the Class with Highest Participation.
All physical prizes have been ordered and will be delivered to your kids in approximately 3-4 weeks.
Special thanks to everyone that donated and to Clements Orthodontics for donating the Nintendo Switch. Also, a big shout out to the Jag-a-thon Committee for all their time and effort coordinating this fun event for our school.
Today’s Jag-a-thon was incredible. The weather stayed clear, we saw a lot of smiling faces and we surpassed our goal and raised over $37,000!
Special thanks to our 70+ LWSD approved volunteers that helped to make the event run smoothly, our Juanita staff for the support, our awesome DJ for the music, visitors in the Jaguar Jungle that cheered on our runners, the companies that donated items and to all our families that fundraised and helped us reach our school goal. This is definitely a team effort and we couldn’t have done it without each of you.
Prizes will be announced at the end of next week and physical prizes will go home in approximately 3-4 weeks.
Today, JAG-A-THON, officially kicked-off. Our “fun run” will be held on Friday, October 7th. Ask your kids who came to visit them, what movie trailer they watched and then ask to see their Jag-a-thon manila envelope.
This is our school’s primary fundraiser and if we all come together and hit our goal ($85 per student), this will be our ONLY PTA sponsored major fundraiser of the year. What that means to you is no more fundraisers where we ask your family to sell “stuff”.
You can learn more, get a copy of the paperwork, or make an online donation here http://juanitael.digitalpto.com/jag-a-thon/
Special thanks to the City of Kirkland, Northshore Utility District and our very own Kirkland Firefighters for making Juanita’s kids Walk to School week so special.
(click below to view pictures)
Our students loved meeting Ped Bee, viewing the firetrucks and getting their very own neon safety vest.
Plus, it was fun seeing all our walkers list their names on a Paw Print.
Thank you for working so hard to make Jag-a-thon 2015 a success.
Not only did we have fun running to the fabulous music of DJ Jeff Nelson, but the combined efforts of everyone at school helped us surpass our goal and together we raised an impressive $35,052.78!
In addition we had 350+ students running, 70+ LWSD approved volunteers and a big Jaguar Jungle cheering section.
We might be a small school, but we have a BIG heart and live in an AMAZING community.
Thank you to our volunteers, our school staff and all of our donors and sponsors! Every student and staff member that ran today had a huge smile on their face and we couldn’t have asked for a better school event.
As a reward for reaching our $30,000 school goal, our PTA will be bringing to Juanita students and staff a fun, educational school assembly with Bill Robison, scheduled for Friday, November 6th.
Stay tuned for more details and check out what his assembly will look like here.
Physical prizes including t-shirts, sweatbands and zipper pulls will be delivered to students in a few weeks.
There are 2 Weeks Remain for Jag-a-thon Fundraising!
Here are some tips to make fundraising easy and fun for your child:
1) Make It Personal – Have your child describe what programs or activities they love about Juanita and how these funds raised during Jag-a-thon help to fund those specific programs.
2) Reach out to ALL friends, family and neighbors.
3) Say THANK YOU… donors love to be thanked, especially if they donate and support the school year after year! Believe it or not–a simple thank you goes a LONG WAY.
4) Stress the Importance of MATCHING donations and that their donation is TAX-DEDUCTIBLE!
5) Give Donors OPTIONS and specific DETAILS:
**Send out a personal letter with a return, stamped envelope
**Email donors a link to contribute online: http://juanitael.digitalpto.com/jag-a-thon/
**Money is DUE by Wednesday, October 7th
**Checks made payable to Juanita Elementary PTA
We are excited to announce that our PTA is teaming up with Clothes for the Cause for a Clothing and Textile Drive.
Not only will you be helping out our planet, but also raising money for our Outdoor Education Program! So start collecting unwanted clothes, paired shoes, towels, gloves, hats, blankets, sheets, quilts, drapes, purses, belts and even used stuffed animals.
These items do not need to be in good condition. As long as they are kept clean and dry in a plastic bag, 98% of household textiles can be recycled.
Our clothing/textile drive will correspond with Earth Day on April 22nd and our goal is that each student collects 3 bags of items.
Spread the word and start saving now to make a difference in 2015!
Click here to download/print out the CFTC 2015 flyer
LWPTSA Council Scholarship Basket Auction season has arrived! Each year, the LWPTSA Council provides between $12,000 and $16,000 in scholarship funds to graduating seniors and staff in the Lake Washington School District.
The final auction happens on December 6, 2014, at a new event: the Holiday Social and Gift Wrapping.
The Juanita Elementary PTA donated a basket called Northwest Food and Drink (pictured above). To view this basket and all the other baskets donated go to the Basket Auction Webpage.
Or you can view them in person at the LWSD Resource Center, which is located near Redmond Town Center.
Have fun bidding and hopefully you can get a little early holiday shopping done!
Don’t forget – the final auction happens on December 6, 2014, at a new event: the Holiday Social and Gift Wrapping. More details here: PTSA Council Basket Auction Flyer
Thank you all for working so hard to make Jag-A-Thon 2014 a success.
Together we raised an impressive $33,202.76!
Not only did we have fun exercising to the fabulous music of DJ Jeff Nelson, but the combined efforts of our students, families, volunteers, staff and donations from local businesses show what a great community we are a part of.
As a reward for reaching our $26,000 school goal, our PTA will be planning a Skate King Night on Thursday, December 4th where all Juanita Students will receive free entrance.
So stay tuned for more details.
Prizes including t-shirts, water bottles and slap bracelets will be delivered to students in a few weeks.