Check out the latest Cat Tracks below!
There are lots of events planned for October. Save or print a copy of this calendar to keep up with everything that is planned.
Below is the Agenda, 2021-2022 Budget and Treasurer’s Report that were presented and voting on at PTA meeting on Sept. 23rd.
Summary from the meeting:
- New Board Members were approved and voted in by the general members:
- Vice-President: Travis Mann
- Secretary: Sara Bell
- Treasurer: Chelsea Mann
- Programs & Volunteer Coordinator position has been filled by Elaine Walsh
- PTA members approved an increase in the Outdoor Ed Grant from $3,000 to $4,000
- 2021-2022 Budget was approved with the one change to the Outdoor Ed Grant amount.
- Holiday Bazaar will be scheduled for Dec 4, 2021.
- Mrs. Paige shared that she is hoping to have Choir up and running early next month. They plan to audition for singing the National Anthem at the Mariners again this year.
- Mrs. Stairs received word that volunteers will be allowed in classrooms this year! They must be approved by LWSD and be fully vaccinated.
- Come to learn more about what camp will be like and we will be giving an update on the current state of the program, fundraising and volunteer opportunities and discuss options for a “Plan B” if the students are unable to attend the trip due to COVID restrictions. If you have any questions you would like to be sure we address at the meeting, please email: [email protected]
- We will be discussing plans for Juanita El programs this year, voting in this year’s board members, approving his year’s budget and getting an update from Mrs. Stairs. Everyone is welcome to attend, PTA member or not. Email [email protected] with any questions about this event
With the school year coming to an end, we know some of our Juanita families are looking for summer camps for their kids. We have compiled a list of local summer camp programs.
While this list has been compiled by the Juanita El PTA but we do not endorse and are not affiliated with any of these programs. Check each program for COVID related safety and general rules and procedures.
Local In-Person Summer Camps and Childcare options for ages 5 & Up.
City and Non-Profit camps:
- Kirkland City Programs: https://www.kirklandwa.gov/files/sharedassets/public/parks-amp-comm-services/2020-spring-spring-break-and-summer-camps.pdf
- Northshore YMCS Camps: http://ykids.seattleymca.org/northshore-ymca/summer-camps
- Pacific Science Center: https://www.pacificsciencecenter.org/camps/summer-camps/
- Cedar Springs: https://cedarsprings.camp/
- Camp Kids Klubs: https://campkidsklub.com/summer-camp/locations/bellevue/
- Sambica: https://www.sambica.com/camps
Camps at local Child Care locations:
- Creative Sprouts: http://www.creativesprouts.org/summer-camp.html
- Evergreen Academy: https://www.evergreenacademy.com/elementary/seattle/bothell/camps/summer-camp/
- La Petie Academy: https://www.lapetite.com/educational-programs/summer-camp/
- Steve & Kate Summer Camp at Bright Horizons: https://steveandkatescamp.com/kirkland/
- Adventure Kids Bellevue: https://adventurekidsplaycare.com/camps/
- i09 Sports camps https://www.i9sports.com/find-a-program/98034
- Arena Sports: https://www.arenasports.net/summer-camp/
- Snapology/Mighty Coders (Redmond, Bothell) https://embed.snapology.com/licensee/89/events/location
- Studio East Camps: https://studio-east.org/summer-camps/
- Al Studios: https://alstudioart.com/camp/
- La Vida Dance: https://www.lavidastudio.com/youth/camps/
- Wilderness Awareness Schools: https://www.wildernessawareness.org/youth-programs/
- Nature Vision: https://naturevision.org/day-camp-programs-and-summer-programs
Remote only Summer Camps:
- Girls Make Games https://www.girlsmakegames.com/programs-1
We are excited to welcome back our 2nd & 3rd grade students that chose the hybrid learning option on Thursday and Friday of this week.
Parents should have received an email from the district with information on if your student is in Group A (Monday & Thursday) or in Group B (Tuesday & Friday).
We need volunteers to help at drop off each morning. Total volunteer time is about 20 minutes and you will help make sure our students are in the correct lines, have their masks and their attestation forms. Volunteers must be District approved. To sign up to help, or if you have any questions, email Mrs. Leptich at [email protected]
This year every student will receive a yearbook at no charge thanks a grant from the PTA. We want to make sure we can include pictures of all of our students! This month’s theme is Pets and Family. We’d also love to see your “Back to School, Again” photos from those students starting Hybrid Learning!
Email your photos to [email protected]
February is a month full of activities. Be sure to save a copy of our calendar!
Join us on Zoom tonight at 7pm for our first general meeting of 2021.
Dial in info, agenda and supporting documents are below!
Join us at 7 pm on Zoom. Below are the documents we will be discussing
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 928 8636 8022
- Come to Juanita El during your scheduled time
- Put a sign in the front passenger window with student name & grade (Example: “Stairs, Brandon – 5th Grade)
- Stay in your car and pull forward
- Pop your trunk open so staff can place student materials in trunk
Last name starts with…
A, B, C
12:00 – 12:30pm
D, E, F, G
12:30 – 1:00pm
H, I, J
1:00 – 1:30pm
1:30 – 2:00pm
M, N, O
2:00 – 2:30pm
P, Q, R
2:30 – 3:00pm
3:00 – 3:30pm
U, V, W, X, Y, Z
3:30 – 4:00pm
It’s that time again! Our Juanita Elementary PTA Membership Drive is now active and in a new format. This year, we will be doing primarily online enrollments. Please click this link to start the process! https://www.memberplanet.com/packetview/juanitaelementarypta/membershipdrive2020-21
We are still offering a physical enrollment form this year. You can fill out the 2020-2021 PTA Membership Form and send in your payment to:
c/o Juanita Elementary
9635 NE 132nd St.
Kirkland, WA 98034
Don’t forget: Your membership fee is a tax deductible donation and qualifies for most Employer Match programs! Consult your tax professions with any questions.
Even though school will start out with remote learning, the Juanita Elementary PTA will be once again working to support our staff, students and families. We have already had meetings with Mrs Stairs to discuss the greatest needs for the start of the school year. We will continue to work together and advocate for our families, no matter what the year brings. We are working on plans to help our families stay connected to each other and the larger Juanita learning community despite our physical distance this fall. We will hold our PTA meetings online and just like previous years, they open to anyone that would like to attend.
If you have any questions about membership or how to sign up, please email [email protected]
August is already here and our minds have started to turn to school starting in September. We know that the start of the 2020-2021 school year will be different than in years past. While things are still in flux, here is what we know so far:
- Remote learning will be the standard for the start of the 2020-2021 year.
- Students will be taught from teachers at their local school.
- The Lake Washington School District is working on finalizing the plan for fall. Weekly updates are posted on the Return to School Task Force page.
- The Juanita Elementary PTA Board Members are in contact with the school administration and are discussing ways we can serve our students and teachers during remote learning and throughout the new school year.
We plan to update this site and our Facebook page as we learn more details about the return to school plans and activities for the remaining of the school year
From the Lake Washington School District:
In collaboration with our School Board of Directors and our Lake Washington Education Association, we have made the decision to close all schools from March 12 through March 27, and re-evaluate any further closures during that time. For more information on this closure, please visit our Coronavirus update page on the district website at www.lwsd.org/covid
The Juanita Elementary PTA will is working the school administrators to continue our support of the teachers and students. We will continue to update our families as we learn more during this time of transition. Be sure to follow our Facebook page for continuing up to date information
Come join us for Family Movie Night on Friday, February 7th. We will be showing The Lion King.
Doors open at 6pm and the movie will begin at 6:30pm. Bring your favorite blanket and pillow and relax with friends.
Concessions will be available, and we will be selling pizza, popcorn, drinks, and treats (cash only). Proceeds from this event go towards our 5th grade outdoor education fund.
Please note that this is not a drop-off event, an adult must be present.
Yearbook Order forms were sent home last week. They are due no later than April 3rd. This is the only way to guarantee that your child will receive a copy, as we do not keep an inventory.
Yearbooks are only $18 each and checks can be made out to Juanita El PTA. Get your order in now to reserve your copy!
Additional order forms available at the office or print out the attached PDF.
Questions? Email: [email protected]
The Juanita Elementary PTA is excited to be once again sponsoring this FREE educational session to learn about ways to keep your kids safe online. Stefanie Thomas has experience working with law enforcement in the area of online exploitation of children. Topics include: Cyber Bullying, Social Media use, Online Gaming, Sexting, Cell Phone and general internet safety tips.
This event is open to the larger community. We expect the discussion to center around sensitive topics so this event may not be suitable for younger children.
Stephanie will also be visiting our upper grade students and giving them a similar, age appropriate presentation.
Please email [email protected] if you have any questions!